Friday, November 20, 2009

I can see the light... :)

In two weeks from today, I'll officially be on my Christmas break...for 6 WEEKS! :) I am so excited to have some down time, and some time to hang out with Jon. We'll get to go see family for the holidays, and celebrate our very first anniversary! We don't have big plans yet, but I'm sure it'll be something fun! We actually just got home last night from a trip to Philadelphia! Jon had a training conference to go to, and I went along for the ride. We left this last Saturday, and spent the whole day on Sunday doing the tourist thing in downtown Philly. We saw the Liberty Bell, and stood in the room where the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were signed. And, there were actually colors on the trees! It was beautiful! Here are a few pictures of our trip...









We saw the Delaware River, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the US Mint, and ate at Geno's for official Philly Cheesesteaks. YUM! It was a great trip, and I loved all the history there!
Monday through Wednesday, Jon had his conference so I found a Starbucks next door to the hotel and got LOTS of homework done. It was nice to be away...even though I brought my books with me. It was accomplishing for sure, and nice to look out the window at the beautiful Fall colors while I worked! And, now we're back at home...safe and sound. Right back into the swing of things! I have an exam today and Monday, but then we're off for the week for Thanksgiving. The following week, we have finals, then it's break time! :)
Also, today is Karen's birthday AND Xavier's birthday! Happy birthday you two! Karen, I'm so glad we met and so glad we're friends! Xavier, Auntie loves you and can't wait to see you on Sunday...I love you so big!
More exciting news...The Nobles will be here on Sunday! I haven't seen them since the wedding, and I can't wait to meet Xander! They'll be here for about a week and a half, and I'm so excited! We're going to try to hit the Grand Canyon, and lots of other fun things! I'll definitely be posting lots of pictures as the week goes by. I think that's about all for now. Hope you're all having a great Fall! In case I don't talk to you before...Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for all of you, my friends and family. Lots of love from AZ!

1 comment: