Monday, January 19, 2009

The first post...

Welcome to our blog! I wanted to find a way to keep alot of people posted on what's going on...and this seems like the perfect way! Check back often and I'll update pictures, and stories about what's going on with us, the Benders!


Here's a Readers Digest version of our last month, and the very near future... We got married January 3, 2009 and had the most beautiful wedding!! We had so many great friends and family from all over the place to celebrate with us, and lots of friends and familt who were there in spirit!! I can't wait to get my pictures back, but I have to wait 5 more weeks!! I'll post the link to the photographers website as soon as I get it!! The next day, we took off to Palm Springs for a 2 day "mini-moon" at a gorgeous resort called "Rancho Las Palmas Resort and Spa." If you ever get a chance to go there, you should! It was awesome! We woke up Wednesday morning (the 7th) and started packing the house for our move to Arizona; got a UHaul Thursday morning; loaded and left for our new home on Friday!! Whew! We got to our new house on Saturday morning, and we loved it! We had only seen it in pictures, and we were very pleasantly surprised with what we got! For the next 4 days, we unloaded the UHaul, unpacked the boxes, and set up house! Sunday we found a great church called "Second Mile Church" and we loved it! It actually meets on my school campus for now, so it's very convenient and close to the house! That leads us to today....the day before I start Nursing School! (The reason we moved here to Gilbert, AZ!) Tomorrow I'll officially be on my way through the 16 month Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Arizona State University. I'm nervous...because I have no idea what to expect...but, really very excited to get the show on the road! :) I'll update you all on how it's going! Think happy thoughts for me!! Here are a few pics from the wedding and honeymoon. I'll post some pictures of the house later this week! Love to you all!!





1 comment:

  1. Hey honey! Thanks for sharing your blogspot with me. I will check back often to stay updated on your life. I'm still sad we weren't able to come to your wedding. Looks like it was such a beautiful day! Good Luck with nursing school. I know you're going to do great and people will be to lucky to have you caring for them. Stay focused and you'll be done soon enough...LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete