Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Welcome Warren Jack!

Stacy and Eric's baby, Warren Jack Sunderland, came on Sunday, August 23rd. He was 8lb 9oz and 22inches long! Everyone is home and doing great! I can't wait to meet him!! I'll be sure to post some pictures when I get them!

School started back this last Monday (the 24th). It was a crazy week, but a great week! :) We are doing OB, Pediatrics, and Community Health nursing this semester. I am SO excited for the OB and Peds!! Community Health will be fun too, I'll be at a prison for part of the rotation, but the OB and Peds are basically the whole reason I wanted to go into nursing! I am in OB first and this week starts our rotations in Labor and Delivery and Post Partum. We had our hospital tour last week, and my face was hurting because I was smiling so big! Since I started school in January, I've really connected with nursing, and have no doubt that I'm where I'm supposed to be...but being in this rotation...I have a huge personal connection. If I was unsure at all as to where I wanted to focus, I am not at all anymore!! I don't think that I'll get into the NICU this semester, but a little birdy told me that there are a select few spots in NICU in the Spring! I am REALLY hoping I'll be in that group! :) Anyways, like I was saying, I am SO excited about this semester, and looking so forward to learning as much as I posibly can during my rotations! Now, more than ever, I can't wait to graduate (in only 8 1/2 months!!!) and start working!!

Jon is doing well...so very supportive of me! I don't know what I would do without him! :) He is still looking for a job...it's a tough market...but I know the right thing will pop up at the right time...just hoping it's sooner than later! :) He's been keeping busy drawing some house plans and taking care of me...his real full time job! :) I'll keep you posted for sure!

Next baby arrival could be any day now! Christian (Jon's brother) and his wife Candi are expecting their 2nd little one any time! I'll let you know the details when I get them! :) SO many babies this year...it's giving me baby fever! :) But, we'll worry about that once I'm a nurse and out of school!!

Hope this note finds you all happy and healthy and enjoying the tail end of summer! Keep in touch when you can! Lots of love from AZ!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah...glad to hear you're enjoying your rotations!! Did Amy tell you I was a L&D nurse? Yep...12 1/2 yrs. of it before I quit and stayed home with my own babies! LOVED almost every minute of it! NICU would be great too...I worked in there when we weren't busy in the back...and love it too! Praying for your last stretch...and for a job for hubby! Can't wait to meet you in person! ;)

    ReplyDelete