Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Visit from Mom

I'm not sure if I've said this before...but the last 3 weeks have been 3 of the busiest weeks of my entire life! Not bad...but BUSY! Jon's mom was here a few weeks ago, then Jon was out of town for a week, then my mom came for a few days, and school never let up for a second! :) We didn't get any pics when Carol was here, but we had a nice, relaxing time! Jon went home with her for the week to take an Electrical Contractor license test; which he passed with flying colors! That weekend, I met him out in the desert for a race, and then we came home. Maybe it's cause I'm a newlywed, but I couldn't even look at him enough when I saw him! I missed him SO much! Awww... :) When my mom came out, we had a blast. We did some shopping, I taught her a few things on her computer, and just enjoyed spending time together! She doesn't get out here much, and I really love it when she does! Here are a couple pictures from her visit...
After all that, I started my first rotation in Pediatrics. Have I mentioned that I LOVE this semester! OB was awesome, and my first day in Peds was in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit). I was a happy woman! If there ever was a doubt, there isn't now...that's where I want to be! I'm looking so forward to the rest of this rotation! Tomorrow I'm in the PICU. That's the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. It should be very interesting! I'm excited, and anxious to see how the day goes. I still can't believe how fast this is all flying by! We are already starting to make preparations for graduation...that's only 6 1/2 months away!!! This semester goes until December 4th, and then we're off until January 19th!! I'm looking SO forward to the break! I can assure you that it is well deserved! I think that's about all for tonight! I have an exam on Friday, and I need to get to studying...aside from the fact that 5am always comes too early! Hope all's well where you are! Lots of love from AZ!!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog sweet girl!! You have a beautiful Mamma...and I know she had so much fun being with you. {we mom's are like that!} Glad to hear you love the NICU so much! Such a rewarding area of nursing! (if you can figure out those teeny tiny dosages!) Love your blog background too....it's so YOU! ; )

    ReplyDelete