Monday, April 27, 2009

TOO close for comfort...

Ok, so, long story short...Jon was trying to figure out a way to put my boxes of Christmas decorations (5 of them) up on shelves in the garage. They weren't really fitting at all on the shelf he put up, so we were trying to figure out what to do. I thought of the idea to clear out the closet that is under the stairs and put all that little stuff on the garage shelves, and the big boxes in the closet. Here's where it gets a little too close for comfort. I reach into the closet to start taking things out, and just where my stuff is stacked up (where the ceiling of the closet angles down under the staircase) was a scorpion...alive and kickin! Well, not kicking exactly, but moving!!!! I, OF COURSE, screamed for Jon, and he didn't believe me at first. He grabbed a glass to catch it in, and then let it out onto the kitchen counter for me to get a better picture. For the record, I was ok with taking the picture while he was at the bottom of a very tall glass!! The ugly little thing saw his chance for a getaway and started running (yes, running) around the counter, and Jon finally caught him again in the glass. My heart was POUNDING!! I have a couple pictures, but I don't want to grab the card reader to put them on the computer...cause what if a scorpion is on it! You'll see pictures as soon as I decide I'm not going to run into another one of those little guys anytime soon! Moral of the story is...I'm calling an exterminator tomorrow. My friend Karen says they're only about $50 every other month, and that it WORTH IT to me!! :) Whew! That was excitement for the evening! Anything else...hmmm...OH, the weekend's events went great! Jon went to San Diego very briefly to grab some things, including his truck, and went to a race on the way home. I had Relay for Life on Friday night (from 6pm to 6am), and then TOPS (Team of Physicians for Students) all day Saturday from 7am to 6pm. Busy, but awesome! Karen and I only made it til about 2am at Relay for life, but we were at TOPS bright and early to start physicals at 7am! As a group, we did over 1100 full physicals with EKG's and even some echo's on student athletes from around the county. They ranged in age from 10 years old to 18. It was very cool! We mainly did vital signs and EKG's, and a group of PA students did the head to toe physicals. It was put on by a doctor that runs a local ER, and it was a great day! I'll post pictures from the weekend...just not right this moment! :) That's about it up to this point. I keep feeling things crawling on me! It'll be fun to sleep tonight! I am setting up a donation account at Lloyd's Pest control...haha...just kidding! Two weeks from today is my last final, and then I'm off for 2 weeks. I'm looking very, very forward to it! Actually, I'm looking forward to catching up on some sleep! Mom and Bob are coming out, and I'm not sure what else we are going to do. I'll keep you posted! The next 2 weeks are full of exams, competencies, and finals, so keep me in your thoughts! I'll check back in soon! Lots of love from AZ!!

No comments:

Post a Comment