Friday, March 6, 2009

What a week!!

I didn't realize that it has been a week since my last post! I feel like I just wrote the last one...busy week!! I had SO many assignments due, and spent so many hours reading, writing, trying to understand...!!! I can definitely say that this was the most stressful week yet! BUT-I made it through and it's SPRING BREAK! Can I just tell you that it was all I could do to not jump out of my chair and run as soon as the teacher was done lecturing this afternoon?! Some of my classmates started clapping! :) It was funny! Ok, so, to update you all some on this past week...(other than TONS of homework!)...Monday was rough. Jon and I were both worn pretty thin. He was being so sweet and understanding to me, and I was trying to support what he was going through too. It was a very sweet, but quite wearing! We almost decided to call it a night, and kinda just grumble to ourselves, but we decided we needed to be out with loving people and we have made a commitment to going to a Monday night Gospel and Missions class at our church. I am so glad we went! It really helped us to re-prioritize and humble ourselves. Tuesday was a better day. Somehow fellowship, and a good night sleep can do wonders to your brain! I went to a job interview at "The Keg" Steakhouse that afternoon. The manager loved me, introduced me to the other manager, said he really thinks I would be a great fit for his team...and he'll keep my application at the top of the pile and call me just as soon as he has a position open. One of my friends from school works there and she affirmed that he really liked me and will probably call me when he needs more servers. So, it was nice that he liked me, but disappointing that he couldn't hire me. Oh, well! I know God knows what's going on! Jon also got word that a great opportunity for managing a ranch didn't go through either. We're doing our best with what we have and He'll take it from there! :) Thursday I officially took office as President of my class. It was very cool! The current President brought me her whole binder and a list of contacts; explained a little about the position; and left me her phone number so I can call her with questions as I start to firgure out how I'm going to do this! :) The other days were fairly non-eventful except for school. And now I have 9 days off! I hardly know what to do with myself! I felt like I needed to do homework, and turn in assignments, and I was a little confused! :) But, I mostly just loved the feeling that I don't have to go back to class for 9 days! I'll probably catch up on some reading, but nothing too demanding school wise! I want to hem my scrubs a little, and unpack my office. Most of all, I am looking forward to spending time with my husband for the first time since the wedding without having a thousand things to do!! :) Tomorrow, Jon and I are going to drive down to Tucson to visit with his cousin and some other family. We have been meaning to get down there since we moved here, so we are looking forward to the visit! I have lots of pictures to post, but none downloaded yet. My next post will be full of pictures, I promise! That's alot for tonight, so I'll let you go! I hope this post finds you happy and healthy and feeling loved! Lots of love from AZ!
(p.s. in case you wanted to know...it's Jon's birthday on Thursday the 12th. Give him a call if you think about it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment